Ai Generated Mini Donuts
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 60 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 125 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Oil, for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Scoop the batter into a piping bag fitted with a round tip.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pot or deep fryer to 350°F.
- Pipe the batter into the hot oil, using a scissors to cut off pieces of batter into the oil. Fry for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the donuts to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Toss the warm donuts in a bowl with your desired toppings, such as powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar.
- Serve and enjoy your mini donuts!
Making the Donuts
I made a few modifications in order to actually get donuts:
- I rolled the dough between two sheets of cellophane wrap to flatten it out
- Utilized a quarter measuring cup to cut the outer circles and a teaspoon to cut the inner
The topping is done with butter and cinnamon sugar.
- Mix 100g granulated sugar with 4g cinnamon
- Melt a stick of butter in a small pot
- Dunk the freshly fried donut into the butter to cover
- Place into sugar mix and shake to coat