This is a work in progress and subject to change.
issues with previous version
- 50g underweight
- Electrical issues
- BLHeli_s seems to be very twitchy for me
- Lack of a BEC for the BLHeli_32 ESCs fried a receiver
- BLHeli_s 4-in-1 ESC was unable to spin up the weapon, had to swap to a standalone esc which was limited to 25% throttle
- Electronics were hard to reach and solder
- Repeat drive needed additional battle hardening
- Lack of thread locker from factory on screws
- getting hit directly on the hub dislodged the circlip holding the motor can in place
- Weapon motor pulley wore out too fast
- Top of pulley was eaten away until the belt slipped over
- Weapon hub was too flexible
- Weapon struck carbon fiber frame on top and bottom
- Weapon struck belt
- Create an removable module for the electronics
- Add a dedicated BEC for the receiver
- Make weapon hubs and pulleys out of a more rigid material, probably polycarbonate.
- Additional battle hardening on the Repeat Drive
- Additional internal space for electronics
- Additional armor thickness
- Additional armor modules
additional battle hardening for the repeat drive mini mk2
The intention is to use this drive in a variety of different robots, so this topic will get its own page.
sorting out the electrical issues
Before I get too far down the rabbit hole of issues, I want to address the issue of adding modularity first. All the other solutions will build on this one feature, so it makes sense to tackle this up front.