compliant shuffler mechanism 003
This was the third iteration of a compliant shuffler mechanism for a walking combat robot.
The feet are printed in TPU and held to the top panel with a small #4 plastite screw.
The general concept worked, but there is room for optimization.
- Far too much friction between the feet.
- Cam was to soft to maintain position on shaft. It started to free spin eventually.
- Compliant section of the foot was too thin and prone to breaking.
- Foot could over-rotate and become bound if spun to fast.
- Foot traction area was not well optimized.